Launching the first Big Mamma Group restaurant in Madrid at the peak of the COVID-19 pandemic
Making Bel Mondo the “Place to Be”
- Letting the word out on the new restaurant through press and social media while creating a brand image around Bel Mondo and the French Restaurant Group Big Mamma.
- Bringing customers to the new venue at a time when restaurants were fighting an uphill battle.
- Generating media hype when an opening event was out of the question.
- Becoming the trendiest restaurant in town and not losing your reputation for top quality food and service.
- Not stopping after the WOW effect of the first few months.
With a raging pandemic all around us, our goal was virtually unattainable. How could we ever manage to launch a restaurant at the peak of COVID-19? It was just crazy!
We couldn’t possibly throw your usual junket for journalists and influencers so, after many a brainstorming session with the team, we ended up designing a trailblazing launch event that would meet all the health requirements and restrictions brought about by the pandemic.
Both the members of the press and the influencers were treated to a completely unique experience that had them briefly taste the heart of Italy.
The result? Press clippings in both online and print media from all angles, plus social media coverage by all sorts of profiles, from lifestyle influencers to some of the best-known dining out critics. An unmitigated success!
When Bel Mondo opened its doors to the general public, bookings were on the rise and client turnover was high. Many journalists and influencers are still among their patrons, and have now been joined by other celebrities -tv personalities, athletes, actors… – who didn’t want to miss out on the experience.
But that’s not the whole story. We had clearly generated that WOW effect. Even in pandemic times, Bel Mondo had unquestionably become the place to be.
All the work and effort involved -as well as the passion, lots and lots of it- have led to our success in making Bel Mondo the restaurant everybody talks about. In just a few months, it now stands at the top of our minds as one of the best Italian restaurants in town, with Big Mamma firmly established as a model Restaurant Group.